Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Beginning Again

Autumn. This is absolutely my favorite time of year. In conventional thought, spring represents new beginnings and rebirth, but for me, autumn brings a wonderful sense of anticipation. In many ways, I think I operate on the school year calendar-August is a time of beginnings. There is something refreshing about a clean slate, a new school year, watching the old fall away seen symbolically in the splendid colors of the fall leaves.

Spiritually, I am so thankful for new beginnings. For grace, forgiveness, and a chance to cast off the old and be transformed by the renewing of our minds and hearts. What an amazing and sovereign God we serve! His love is incomprehensible!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm glad you're coming back to A Spacious Place!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Whoo hoo! You're back!!!!

Xandra

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

It is like getting together with a very dear and long time friend. I am glad you are back here.

Lori said...

Good hearing from you!!

Wendy said...

so glad you are back! missed you!

Joy Junktion said...

I just found your blog and am looking forward to getting to know you as you return.
Blessings, Cindy

Susanne said...

Well, looky here! Welcome Back!

Melissa said...

I'm welcoming you back, too!

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

She's back! Once a week sounds just perfect, friend. Looking forward to it! :) (((hugs)))

Hen Jen said...

It's nice to see you back!

I tend to think of fall as the beginning of my year, too- it's a good time for new habits.

Natalie said...

So good to see you back! I was so excited to see your name come up on my Google Reader and look forward to your posts!

Lisa said...

Glad you are back and everything is ok. I got excited when I saw your comment on another blog.

Mindy said...

Glad you are back!! Looking forward to hearing from you more.