Monday, February 02, 2009

New Definition

We define ourselves by so many things and in so many ways. Wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend are roles that come to mind. We define ourselves by our personality traits--funny, reflective, stubborn, organized. We label ourselves--athlete, artist, homemaker. All these roles, traits, and labels help us define who we are.

I have acquired a new label--breast cancer patient. In the coming months, I pray that will become breast cancer survivor. This past month has been packed with much prayer and reflection on how this new journey will impact my life and those around me. I will never be the same person I was before January 8th. I have a new urgency in life, a new perspective. What is worthy of my time, my talents, and my efforts? This new label that defines me will change forever my priorities, and for this I can be thankful. It is the first of many blessings that God will give me on this journey, I believe.

We are given such a short time on earth to reach others for the gospel of Christ. I do not want to waste my time with the things of this world. I want the definition of who I am to be hidden in Christ.

**Good news-Thursday I received the word that my lymph node biopsy was negative for malignancy!**

13 comments:

Lisa Hellier said...

Kelly, this is great news about the lymph node biopsy. I rejoice with you in the Lord's provision of this test result. Again, may He increase your faith for this test of the temporal even as He has secured you eternally.

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

That is wonderful news about the biopsy! It's amazing how your life takes on a certain clarity when you are faced with your own mortality, isn't it?

Xandra

Luke Holzmann said...

Lord, I ask that You will continue to give Kelly peace and comfort through this time. May she follow You closely as she struggles with this. Give the doctor's wisdom as to how to best deal with this. Thank You that the nodes are not malignant, and may the doctors be successful at removing all traces of the cancer. Amen.

~Luke

Kim said...

Kelly, you seem so calm and content in the Lord through this. I know that is simply a testimony to God's goodness through trials. I am praying for you!

Rejoicing about the news! That is an answer to prayer!

Alicia said...

So grateful for your biopsy news. Praying for you!

Lisa Spence said...

Your determination to exalt the Lord through this difficult circumstance is both challenging and encouraging! Your faith builds mine...

May the Lord show Himself strong on your behalf!

Veronica @ A Quiet Heart said...

Praise the Lord that the biopsy was negative!! Praying that the coming weeks and months will see much more good news. I so appreciate your attitude and perspective...you are an example and an encouragment - even in your trials.

Kim said...

Your post didn't update in my bloglines, so I didn't realize you had written ... Hallelujah! I know these sort of results are such an encouragement during a time of battle.

We lift you up in prayer during our circle time in the morning and it has been a privilege to do so.

I agree with the others who have said that you are such a living testimony to His matchless grace! Prayers that your treatment will be more than effective and also that you will be as physically strong as possible throughout this process.

Kathy Butryn said...

Kelly...this is the first visit to your blog...which I love by the way. Praise God for your test result...know that I am praying for you.

Susie said...

Praise God for the good news! I don't want to wait for serious news to determine how I live today. THANK YOU for reminding me of where our priorities need to be-in Christ! So proud of your strength friend!

Hen Jen said...

oh, so happy about your lymph node biopsy diagnosis!

praying for you, blog-friend

Linda said...

Praise the Lord it was negative. I kept checking in and thought you were on a long break. I had no idea. I am so sorry you are going through this. I will be praying for you.
Blessings,
Linda

Praise and Coffee said...

Kelly, I just stopped by...haven't been here in a long while and was very surprised to see the pics and hear the news.
I am so thankful about the lymphnodes and pray that you continue to receive good news in the coming days.

My heart and prayers go out to you girl.
Much, much love and prayers.
Sue
(I'll be back more often :)