Monday, January 07, 2008

Word of God Speak


One of my favorite worship songs is "Word of God Speak" by MercyMe. Don't you long to hear God speak to you? Don't you want His Word to "pour down like rain?" As the new year begins, I am one of those people who likes to set goals for the year to come-I really desire to not be in the same place at the end of the year as where I begin. If I do not reflect and purpose those goals, I seem to let time just slip away. Two of my top goals are related to the reading and memorization of scripture. I have been convicted by the Lord and inspired by others to go deeper in His word.

Hebrews 4: 12 reads:

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

His word is alive and speaking! In a world that sends so many anti-biblical messages, I know I must be solidly grounded in His word for direction-for myself and for my ability to minister to my family and others God places in my life.

Psalm 19:7-8 reads:

The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The comands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

It is refreshing to read this when we face so much in society that preaches "no absolutes." I find it wonderful to have a solid platform on which to stand. His word is perfect, trustworthy, right--giving "light to our eyes" so that we have direction!

So as we all look to the coming, I pray that we will let the "word of God speak" into our lives and witness firsthand its transformative power!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly, love your blog! I get so excited when I see a Christian woman using her little space on the internet to bring glory to God. You asked for some Bible Study Tools suggestions and thought I would tell you about a site I've come across - Bible Study Tools at Christianity.com has a huge library of tools such as commentaries, 29 translations, devotionals, lexicons, maps, e-books, and great reading plans. You can also highlight text, save your own notes, use a split screen panel so you can see two translations, a translation and a commentary, etc. I hope you get a chance to explore it!

Dianne said...

I really like that song too, Kelly. It is exciting to see others psyched about digging into the Word, and more exciting - knowing that Word can transform us and oh don't we need that! God bless and great to see you posting again.

Heart of Wisdom said...

Kelly,
Enjoyed your Blog,and thanks for the inspiration. Blessings to you in this coming year.

I’m looking forward to browsing your blog.

Come visit http://heartofwisdom.com/blog.

I also have a new blog to help Christian bloggers learn how to get more traffic. http://heartofwisdom.com/Blogginghelp.

Blessings,
Robin @ heartofwisdom

Linda said...

Kelly, Thanks for stopping by my blog I was so excited to see this post as well as your changes from this past year. I am on the road to lose 50lbs and we have a Lab as well. Wonderful dog for kids. I am looking forward to returning here I hope you don't mind I would like to add you to my blog roll because I can tell this is a place I will certainly frequent.
Blessings,
Linda

Shawna said...

I, too, am delving deeper into the Word this year, deeper than ever before. I am so excited about what is ahead. I am interested in how others are studying as well.

Julie said...

Kelly, what is the CWO team blog?

I am new to blogging and trying to understand everything.

Thanks,
Julie

Mindy said...

Commentaries. Jewish Background commentaries. More than one resource, three or so. That is what I have been doing and God has changed me and taught me so much through it! I am excited, and it is exciting to see that you are too!! I just stick to one book of the bible and slowly go through it with as many resources as my husband has in his office!! (I am sure you could find some at a library also.) Not all husbands work at a church! Thats what I do.