At Thanksgiving I am particularly reflective on the many blessings in my life. One of those blessings has been great friendships. God has used many women to teach me, challenge me, and encourage me, and I pray I have been able to be a similar instrument in the lives of the women in my life. Listed below are some quotes reflecting on the special and often fun characteristics of friendships. This post is dedicated to my best girlfriend and college buddy, Crystal. Although we are now hours apart, I still feel that our hearts are a beat away.
- Have friends, will giggle.
- Girlfriends help you make nonsense of the world.
- A friends is quick to listen, slow to judge, and always ready to shop.
- A friend can make you smile--even when she's not around.
- A good friend . . . has your kids' birthdays marked on her calendar.
- A good friend . . .will quietly destroy the photograph that makes you look like a beached whale.
- A friend is--laughing at the same things, one dessert with two forks, really being understood, never running out of things to talk about, knowing someone by heart, picking up right where you left off.
- A friend knows everything about you and loves you anyway.
- Between friends, words are optional.
- There's no problem friends can't solve with enough time and chocolate.
- Friends are the family we didn't start out with who make us feel likable, funny, and clever.
- The very best friends have the kind of relationship where each thinks she's getting the better part of the deal.
Have a great day my new bloggy friends! I am thankful for you!