1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Without a doubt, hot chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa has them sitting under the tree, ready to play with. After all, he hand makes them--no need for packaging, right?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Definitely a white lights gal--becoming a white globe light fan over white icicle lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, we love to hug and kiss around our house.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The past few years, we have started putting them up the weekend after Thanksgiving. I love to enjoy them for the month of December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? That's tough. Probably my sweet potatoe souffle with brown sugar and pecan topping.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I just loved the whole holiday season filled with family trips to the mountains, church events, and fellowship. The music, the decorations, and special time of reflection during the advent season with my family.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember specifically, but I just recall sitting on the swings at a playground with my dad talking about it. I was very protective of keeping the magic up for my younger brother for the next couple of years.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We let our kids pick out a small gift for one another, and open that on Christmas Eve. It's wonderful to see the care they take in picking out the perfect gift.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I love ornaments with meaning behind them. We love to collect them over the years, so after being married for 11 years, we have built up the collection. We start with white lights and red beaded garlands. We then put on our ornaments, talking about each (who gave it to us, where we purchased it, what event it signified) . Then we add a few red, green and gold balls to bring it together. I love it--it reflects us as a family, not just matching decorations. We top it with a star.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it--play in it, sled down it, eat it (snowcream)!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, I used to go quite a bit as a kid--I got the Dorothy Hamill haircut as a kid if that tells you anything. I think I could still make it around without falling down, but you never know.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hands down, the barbie dollhouse "Santa" brought me when I was seven. Actually, my papaw built it from real wood, and my mamaw furnished it with real wallpaper, carpet, and handmade furniture. I still have it, and am going to update it for my daughter.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Cherishing time with family and reflecting on my Savior's birth, passing that on to my children.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I think I have to go with homemade fudge. Simple, but wonderful.
16. What tops your tree? A star.
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving--I think this shift happened in college. I enjoy more and more making gifts, as well.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love "O Holy Night." I also love Bing Crosby's "White Christmas."
19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?? Yuck, not a huge peppermint fan. I like the smell and can eat them, but would rather not.
20. Favorite holiday movie? White Christmas and Holiday Inn.
Everyone join in, I'd love to hear your responses!