Just thought I would pass on this simple way to pray for others. Great to use with young children--gives them an illustration and guide for their prayers.
- Your thumb is the digit nearest to your heart, so pray first for those
who are closest to you. Members of your family, friends, neighbors and your own needs as well.
- The second finger is the one used for pointing. Pray for those who point you toward the truth, whether at church or school. Pray for your teachers, mentors, pastors, and those who inspire your faith.
- The third finger is the tallest. Let it stand for the leaders in every sphere of life. Pray for those in authority-both within the body of Christ and those who hold offices in various areas of government.
- The fourth finger is the weakest, as every pianist knows. Let it stand for those who are in trouble and pain-the sick, injured, abused, wounded, or hurt.
- The little finger is the smallest. Let is stand for those who often go unnoticed, including those who suffer abuse and deprivation.