1) Sweet tea!
2) Rocking chairs and front porches - and the long, summer evenings spent there.
3) Grits - I about fell out of my chair when a classmate in grad school said she had never eaten grits (she was from New York).
4) SEC football
5) Southern hospitality - it is for real!
6) Picking out pumpkins at the pumpkin patch.
7) Farmer's Market - my kids love going on Saturday mornings in the summer.
8) Church-wide cover dish suppers
9) Heritage of gospel, bluegrass, and country music
10) Manners - I just heard today a newscaster say how he loves how kids in the South still say "yes sir" and "yes ma'am" in the South.
11) Honeysuckle and fireflies (or lightning bugs, as we called them)
12) the Southern accent, which comes in many forms - Y'all know what I'm talkin' about
13) Barbecue, pinto beans, cornbread, homemade apple pie & banana pudding
These are just a few, and I would love to hear from you southern girls what you love most about living in or growing up in the South.